« Free MP3 Download: Dragonette "Our Summer" | Main | Free MP3 Download: Fischerspooner "Infidels Of The World Unite" (Trash Yourself Remix) »

Video: Arjan Chats with Sky Ferreira

There's something about Sky. Charming, casual, coy and a little goofy (and I mean that lovingly), this rapidly emerging pop siren is being hailed as one of pop music's most promising new talents. And that claim certainly should not come as a surprise. At only 18 years old, the Hollywood singer has already collaborated on tracks with some of the biggest names in the business including Linda Perry, Greg Kurstin, Dallas Austin, Nicole Morier and Swedish production duo Bloodshy & Avant who first discovered her.

Ferreira is currently prepping her debut record that is slated for release on the magical date of January 11, 2011. In the meantime, we will be treated to more of Sky's music. In the U.K. she is stirring up a storm with the incredibly catchy "One," while her debut single in the U.S. will be "Obsession." (The digital-only "17" that came out in May was intended as a tastemaker.)

I caught up with Sky in an exclusive interview via video to chat about her new album, how she ended up working with all of those hit writers and the sobering reality of the business side of music. On her way to the location of the interview in New York, Sky ended up in a major downpour that gave us a bit of a slow start, but things warmed up nicely throughout the interview. Make sure to watch the entire piece in which also reveals some interesting thoughts about gays, Madonna and Robert Patterson. Watch Sky's phenomenal video for "One" after the jump.

July 21, 2010 in Sky Ferreira | Permalink

Comments

LOVSFFF <33

Posted by: Jovan at Jul 21, 2010 8:55:38 AM

I love sky she is so real >>>I love her music >i love''17'' i like animal >>and one I GUESS I LIKE ALL HER STUFF>>>I LOVE THIS INTERVIEW

Posted by: sarajohnson at Jul 21, 2010 9:38:14 AM

She's so cute I love her already.

Posted by: darkmanx1992 at Jul 21, 2010 12:39:21 PM

I enjoyed this interview a lot. Thank you for sharing. Amazing blog. She's cute and you are cute. Have a nice day.

Posted by: Noe at Jul 21, 2010 5:40:33 PM

This is a great interview. Very honest and open and without issues. She is a great young talent. I look forward to where she is in the next 5 years.

Posted by: susan watkins at Jul 21, 2010 8:13:58 PM

Posted by: susan watkins at Jul 21, 2010 8:14:59 PM

Well, this was unexpected. Talk about REAL. What a breath of fresh air. Can't wait to hear more.

Posted by: humboldt at Jul 21, 2010 10:33:59 PM

This was one of the most interesting interviews Sky was so real <\.what kinda of bug bit her ? Ilove her music especially ''17'' Animal shows her voice and ONE is great every song is different...I LIKE HER SHE IS DIFFERENT ...

Posted by: TOM at Jul 21, 2010 11:19:44 PM

Now this was a great interview. I agree with most of the commenters above - very REAL! so nice to see. Looking forward to Sky's album! I'm sort of jealous of her beavis and butthead shirt LOLZZZ

Arjan - you are a natural keep it coming.

Posted by: MannyEscobar at Jul 22, 2010 7:53:35 AM

This was one of the best interviews it was so real she is so real >> I love her music it is all different she definately can sing>

Posted by: sarajohnson at Jul 31, 2010 8:40:09 PM

I have probably watched this interview ten times >I have never been so impressed by a singer she was so natural ..ANd i listened to her songs i really like her I hope she goes far very impressive >.

Posted by: dan at Aug 4, 2010 9:59:28 PM