« Free MP3 Download: Alex Gardner "There Goes My Heart" (Acoustic Demo) | Main | Watch Daisy Dares You ft. Chipmunk "Number One Enemy" »

Listen to Roisin Murphy "Momma's Place"

842108058756

This woman can do no wrong in my book. Seriously.

Check out Roisin Murphy's genius new single "Momma's Place" that will officially be released digitally on January 18th. It is a sweeping mash of early '90 club music and contemporary dance pop that go oh-so well with Roisin's bluesy vocals. That bouncy little synth bass and slamming piano interlude is killer.

"So you think you know it all. But that's just the arrogance of youth," she sings. Roisin is showing the ropes. This is how it is done. Move over young ones. This is one hot sassy Momma. Love, love, love. Listen to it her on MySpace page.

January 4, 2010 in Róisín Murphy | Permalink

Comments

this is genius

Posted by: topher at Jan 4, 2010 6:43:24 PM

It doesn't move me, not like the best tracks from "Overpowered" did. Something too obvious, too calculated on this one.

Posted by: zenon at Jan 4, 2010 7:49:03 PM

This song is just AMAZING. I've ripped it just so I could hear it in repeat and I will buy the digital single as soon as it comes out. I want to hear the remixes!
Everything, the melody, the 90's vibe, the beat, the lyrics is just PERFECT!!

One great way to start 2010!!

Posted by: Hidroboy at Jan 4, 2010 7:49:31 PM

since the days of moloko, roisin murphy has been fabulous and flawless. it would be nice to see this cut get a big following and earn her a new audience. it just might be the one to do it. while i'm used to her over more off-kilter instrumentation, "momma's place" shows that she can throw down the dance pop gauntlet when she wants to...

Posted by: macedonia at Jan 4, 2010 7:52:43 PM

Love the song! The beginning is my favorite part!

Posted by: Natalie Gelman at Jan 5, 2010 8:47:01 AM

Oh no!!! I do not love this . . . it is still better than 99% of what is out there, but I'm not feeling this as much as "Overpowered" or "You Know Me Better."

Very 90s indeed. It sounds like Lisa Stansfield remix from 1991.

Posted by: Brent at Jan 5, 2010 9:13:00 AM

Apparently, this version is not the final version!! Róisín said so on her facebook account. I haven't really listened to this version yet, but I'll wait for the final version, because there seems that people either love it or hate it. From what i heard, it's a step up from Orally Fixated.

Posted by: Jeff at Jan 5, 2010 11:27:20 AM

I love the past couple releases from Roisin, as always, but I do have to say I've grown along with her from Moloko, through collaborations, and through her past two releases, she knows what i need to hear 2 make me shake my ass! Still, hands down, my favorite solo female artist.

Posted by: Jonny at Jan 5, 2010 12:43:23 PM

not as strong as her Overpowered material, but fun. Love the chorus, and the 90s dance touches

Posted by: Astro at Jan 5, 2010 2:08:23 PM