« Free Download: The Presets "Are You The One" (Lifelike Remix) | Main | Free Download: Little Jackie "Crying For The Queen" »

Free Download: Music from Shelter

Arjanwrites_shelter

Produced by Here! Films, the movie Shelter tells the story of surfer Zach who gets by as a short-order cook in a blue collar area of Orange County but dreams of making it big as a graffiti artist. When the relationship with his girlfriend is fading, he meets writer Brad Rowe. Together, they bond over their creative instincts and inspirations, and end up falling in love. Check out the the trailer of the movie here.

The indie flick has received kudos from both critics and film fans all around the world. I think mostly because it deals with universal themes and emotions that most people can relate too. Plus, the film is filled with pretty people and pretty scenes. The whole look and feel of Shelter reminds me of MTV's Laguna Beach and The Hills.

I caught up with Brian Goldman, Shelter's musical director in Los Angeles, to talk about how he went about selecting music for the movie's soundtrack. "When I found out we were making a surf film, I felt that there were 3 ways to go with the music," Goldman explains. "The first being 'skate-punk' type music, such as Blink 182, the second being classic surf rock ala Jan and Dean with jangly guitars and the third being a Jack Johnson type of acoustic vibe. We decided that the third option would be best because at its essence Shelter is a love story, not necessarily a surf flick and the third type of music seemed to naturally vibe with the story of the film."

Goldman considers "More Than This" by Shane Mack his personal favorite in the movie. "I was lucky enough to be in the studio with Shane when we were recording this song which was recorded specifically for the movie," he shares. " When I saw where the song was placed in the film, I thought to myself “if people don’t cry during this scene, there’s something wrong with them." (Click here to download the soundtrack for Shelter in Amazon.com's MP3 Store.)

Download three tracks for the Here! Film Shelter soundtrack totally guilt-free below:

Download Shane Mack "More Than This"
Download Todd Hannigan "Reflections"
Download Stewart Lewis "Time to Time

June 17, 2008 in Interviews, Movies & Music, MP3 | Permalink

Comments

the songs might be good but, the movie is not even lifetime movie network worth.

Posted by: Philip at Jun 17, 2008 8:29:54 AM

hello ! Please see my website:
http://freemp3.freehostingz.com/- free download mp3.

Posted by: Darick at Jun 17, 2008 12:13:33 PM

The soundtrack absolutely made this movie. I think "More Than This" is gorgeous.

Posted by: Monica at Jun 18, 2008 2:41:50 PM

I adored the movie and the music is integrated perfectly. The performances in the film are very real, even if they are from pretty people.

Posted by: Jim at Jun 18, 2008 9:32:48 PM

Speaking of free music:

You may be interested in the album I just recently released. It is available free to download. Licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Licence. This licence lets you use this music for commercial products or make remixes or other derivative works, so long as you give credit to the original artists. Politics Apocalypse is political and subversive post-industrial rock with an interesting mix of classical instruments, guitars, electronic beats, and a small dash of aussie hip-hop. You can download the whole 11 track album at no cost at our website. We are also doing a name your own price CD (starting at cost price). I don’t mean to spam but I am trying to get the word out to those who may be interested. http://www.politicsapocalypse.com

Posted by: Cliffe at Jun 21, 2008 11:15:39 AM

Such a wonderful movie, gorgeous actors, beautiful soundtrack. One of the best gay movies out there.

Posted by: Guilherme Packer at Jun 25, 2008 10:05:17 PM

i loved this movie. it was humble and honest and it spoke of things anyone can relate to, no matter their preference. oh and the soundtrack was one of the best i ever came across.it complemented the movie perfectly and set the tone in most of the crucial scenes.

Posted by: alfie at Jun 26, 2008 7:30:01 PM

The first 8 seconds of "Time to Time" sound like the first 8 sec. of "Awful" by Hole.

Posted by: Yvonne at Jul 2, 2008 8:25:59 AM

i really appreciate this movie and the background songs are a plus for me. i really loved the songs!

Posted by: Ram at Jul 6, 2008 5:13:43 AM

where i can find all cd tracks?

please, i need to know

best movie ever

Posted by: lee at Aug 17, 2008 4:38:16 PM

hey! i'm french and i fall in love with this music! but i can't find it or download it (with amazon)so i want to know how can i do? you 're right it's a verry good movie! thank you and sorry for my english!!!

Posted by: emilie at Sep 15, 2008 1:13:16 AM

Yes you can dl it from Amzon.
Here the link...

Posted by: IndoBoy at Oct 17, 2008 5:37:31 AM

Also available in iTunes!

This movie is amazing to me, and I was moved in so many different ways, even as a someone that has been out for 10+ years.

Posted by: Craig at Feb 25, 2009 8:48:22 AM

id like to see what you have to offer

Posted by: marie dalley at Mar 6, 2009 4:36:25 AM

Or get it here :) http://www.download-free-mp3music.com/

Posted by: Music Download king at Apr 1, 2009 12:25:09 PM

I loved the movie and soundtrack..and I am a 46 young straight gal...I watched it with my 9 yr old son....it shows young people that staright or gay that love is the same and we all have hurdles to overcome :-)

Posted by: Andrea at May 9, 2009 11:52:22 PM

hi
I just looooooved the movie
I have seen it for 10 times
it s realy good
every thing about this movie is perfect
the music is perfectly match with the scense
& i loved the music too
thanks for dl link

Posted by: kj at May 12, 2009 2:28:04 AM

Thank you. It's been so difficult to find songs from SHELTER - great, great movie.

Posted by: Daniel at Jun 27, 2009 4:24:33 PM

It's a wonderful movie. it's great!.I think so it is the best movie I watched. Actors, landscape, music, plot...I just loved it. people gay are in the same conditions to adopted, to be parents like people straight too.
I'd like get it..
someone knows where can I download or get it?

Posted by: Javier at Jul 11, 2009 4:01:11 PM

i just love this movie! i have seen more then 10 times! n music is simply amazing!

Posted by: Amey at Jun 2, 2010 12:55:05 AM