« Free Download: Nate James "Funkdefining" | Main | Free Download: Ultra "The Sun Shines Brighter" »

Interview with Mika

Arjanwrites_mika

Head over to Towleroad to read the interview I did with Mika  a few weeks ago. Mika and I talked about how his record deal came about, the comparison to Scissor Sisters, his love for Kylie Minogue and I asked him about his sexuality that has been the topic of much speculation.

I'm featured on Towleroad as a guest blogger and I might be making more contributions to Andy's blog in the future. I have been a huge fan of Towleroad ever since the site launched a few years ago. It has become the primary online source that I rely upon for up-to-date gay-related news and information, from political updates to entertainment topics, and from fun YouTube picks to Cristiano Ronaldo shots.

Andy and I started blogging around the same time and have been in touch periodically during that time. We share a similar style and I'm excited about sharing some of my writing with him and his readers.

March 22, 2007 in Interviews, Mika | Permalink

Comments

I'm turned off by the gay community embracing an individual who doesn't even have the decency to simply state if he is either straight or gay.

Posted by: Anita at Mar 22, 2007 2:08:30 PM

Also, I'm not trying to insult you, because I'm not a frequent reader of this blog, but I don't yet know what your stance on things like this is, but...

I find it a little pathetic that, as a gay male, you wouldn't comment further on the fact that Mika is inexplicably refusing to confirm his sexuality. This is like the elephant in the room that, for whatever reason, you are ignoring. What gives?

Posted by: Anita at Mar 22, 2007 2:17:25 PM

His closet-ness is probably linked to why he is breaking America and Scissor Sisters aren't

Posted by: Rich at Mar 22, 2007 3:04:54 PM

Enjoying music does not include the need to knowing every single niffty details of an artist. The music speaks for itself.

Posted by: tom at Mar 22, 2007 3:09:54 PM

So let's just call him what he is, gay, and be done with it.

Posted by: H at Mar 22, 2007 4:24:08 PM

why cant everyone just leave him ALONE? he doesen't WANT to talk about his sexuality so bloody LEAVE it.

Posted by: Livy at Jun 17, 2007 12:10:54 PM

SO WHAT??? Who cares if he is gay, hetero, likes fuzzies, whatever.... I like his music, his voice, his lyrics and I don't care one way or the other about anything else.

Posted by: Sara Conrad at Jul 16, 2007 8:16:29 PM

I love Mika's music and I wish that I could Just run away with him.As a Gay 13 year old I do feel that what ever sexuality he is it is his bussiness and if he decides to tell is his choice.By the way ,I love you Mika!!!!!!

Posted by: Mika Lover at Jul 21, 2007 7:40:12 PM

Love,
Mika'a Fan #1.

P.s.If he is Gay or what ever is is peopple are stil going to love him and his music.

Posted by: Mika Lover at Jul 21, 2007 7:42:28 PM

I don't know why you guys can't understand that maybe..he wants a bit of privacy in such a personal matter. he's only 23! Maybe he isn't sure yet, or his parents don't approve or i don't know! Something. For all we know he could be bi and just not feel like explaining the depths of his personal life with millions of people!

Posted by: Allie at Jul 25, 2007 7:40:14 AM

By the way...I do love his music and I think he's gorgeous no matter who he's attracted to.

Posted by: Allie at Jul 25, 2007 7:41:28 AM

Who cares if he is gay or straight?

Why is it so important to some people that these things be said?

People share what they want to share and that's all there is to it.

Live and let live.

Posted by: Tori at Jul 25, 2007 8:40:14 AM

WHY DO THE PRESS CROWD MIKA ABOUT HIS SEXUALITY? WOULD THEY LIKE IT IF THERE PERSONAL LIFE WAS FRONT PAGE NEWS? JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE!

BTW: MIKA I LOVE YOUR MUSIC!

Posted by: Sophie at Sep 6, 2007 1:15:34 PM

even though i know i would be bleek to hear mika is gay, it doesnt really matter coz he is a muscician and he deserves some respect. if he agreed he was gay or if he said he wasnt, you stupid people would tune him anyway so i think its a case of people being bored with their own lives! leave the poor guy alone!!

Posted by: charlene at Nov 4, 2007 11:48:00 AM

it doesnt mean he's gay if he doesnt wanna talk about it! ricky martin and tarkan didnt talk about their sexuality 4 a LONG time, but after this whole contro. they came out to say they are not gay, but they are friendly-gay! PPL MOVE ON! we're in 2008, soon 2 be 2009...who gives a flying fig newton about sexuality!!!

Posted by: irresistable at Jul 28, 2008 2:49:30 PM

Would you really stop liking his music is you found out he was gay?

What does it MATTER?? I like his writing, I like his music, I like his blog, I like HIM- what kind of a person would I be, or you be, if we all stopped liking him simply because of this trivial, obnoxious, overstated detail about his PRIVATE life, that, quite frankly, we shouldn't even be poking our noses into.
Let the poor man be. He's already given his life and time and music to us.
:-P
Luna

Posted by: Luna at Feb 10, 2009 3:23:21 PM

Would you really stop liking his music is you found out he was gay?

Let the poor man be. He's already given his life and time and music to us.
:-P