« Free Download: Louis Setara "Can't Stop The River" | Main | Nelly Furtado Lip-Sync Contest »

Guess the Artist #2

Arjanwrites_whois

What emerging young electro pop star was in the audience watching the Scissor Sisters perform in New York last weekend? Hints: This person is a Bauhaus fanatic, studies music and psychology, likes some "danger" and it is not the dude flipping a bird in the photo. Click the image to enlarge it and look at to crowd to find out who it is. Answer after the jump.

Arjanwrites_ss_tom

It is Tom Napack of Dangerous Muse! He gives the Scissor Sisters' show at Madison Square Garden two thumbs up. "I think Jake Shears is the Mick Jagger of the new millenium," Tom writes me in an email yesterday. The way he darted around the stage, he totally captivated the audience and me."

If you are in Los Angeles next week, make sure to catch Dangerous Muse. They guys are playing a DJ set for MTV's LOGO together with Erasure on March 8 and they will be performing a show on March 17 at Los Angeles Theatre. Go see them and hear some new tracks from their upcoming debut album.

March 7, 2007 in Guess the Artist | Permalink

Comments

Ugh! This guy was such a twat. First of all, right when the concert started he shoved and pushed his way into that spot causing a spat between the two Staten Island girl and that weird straight guy that kept on whistling.

The girls protested loudly and a security guard told him to get back in a very threating tone. The girl behind him kept repeating "I was so nice to him all night, I can't believe he just did that." To make matters worse he kept farting throughout the show, causing mass nausea in his surroundings. The people behind him and next to him were especially tortured by this. But I guess it suited him becuase he smelled like a dirty, greasy fart anyway.

Try not be so rude next time Mr. Dangerous Muse ... You gave The Gays a bad name that night.

Posted by: Yasuri Yamileth at Mar 7, 2007 5:49:29 AM

Wow... looks like someone worke up on the wrong side of the futon this morning...

Isn't it sad when people put so much effort into poor attemps to degrade those they don't even know?

Try getting a life before speaking of someone in such a nasty way, "Yasuri".

And by the way, whatever you smelled was probably coming from the decay of your dead and rotting social life.

Posted by: Casey at Mar 8, 2007 9:04:49 AM

I recognized Tom before the show and asked if Dangeorus Muse had anything coming out soon.

He was very nice and told me that their album was almost done.

Also, I think I would have noticed him either farting or smelling like a fart. wft? I don't know what your'e talking about Yasuri.

Posted by: Derek at Mar 8, 2007 3:46:31 PM

I was standing behind him and I wish we could ask Karen, the blond girl behind him becuase she would back me up, she kept telling me the same thing too, that she had been nice to him all night and he just shoved himself in front of her. Tracy and her friend would say the same thing too since I saw literally mow them down for that spot and they pushed back and I saw the security telling him to back off.

And as far as the farting goes, I should know because I got the brunt of it since I was standing right behind him! He was not gracious at all!

That's my story and I've got 4 witness, my friend Andre who was standing next to me, Tracy and her friend and Karen.

Posted by: Francisco at Mar 8, 2007 9:02:46 PM

Wow, Dangerous Muse's friends must have "caught wind" of this. Of course he was the farter! After he left before the encore, it didn't smell like bad Indian food anymore.

Posted by: Scissor Sisters fan at Mar 9, 2007 11:16:41 AM

I can back it up...he smelled disgustingly. He pushed everyone and caused some 6-foot-tall guy (the one who kept whistling every 2 minutes) to flip out on me because he thought that I was purposely trying to push his wife or girlfriend or whatever. And my friend, Ciarra, the blonde girl in the pic on whom he is leaning, got sick from the smell. So did Karen from Queens (the blonde in the back). But I know I recognized him from somewhere...I just wish he hadn't been so rude, or so smelly.

Posted by: Tracy at Mar 9, 2007 11:58:19 AM

oh my lord. you people really need to get lives.

Posted by: Karen at Mar 9, 2007 1:52:02 PM

This is insane! Did the person he pushed past get so ticked off that he/she had to post these smell comments so many times.

You're upset he was in your way. Get over it along with all your alter egos.

Wasn't it a general admission show anyway? If you didn't want to get pushed/shoved/touched, you should have gotten a seated ticket.

Posted by: Andrew at Mar 9, 2007 5:44:17 PM