« A Special Message from Dangerous Muse | Main | Amy Winehouse Update »

Guilty Pleasure: LAX "Forget You"

Arjanwrites_lax_

Mix up bits of Sugababes, the Pussycat Dolls and JoJo and what you get is new American girlgroup LAX. The trio was recently signed to Blackground Records, the label that also released JoJo and Aaliyah. LAX are Southern California-based Brianna, Cristina and Jamie who got their start early as kids on local talent competitions. They started working with songwriter/producer Alex Cantrall (JoJo, Fantasia) who prepared the girls for a meeting with Blackground's Vincent Herbert who immediately saw potential in LAX after the global success of JoJo's "Too Little Too Late" that features a comparable sound. "Forget You" is an accomplished slice of sugary, throw-away pop that could easily become one of your biggest guilty pleasures this spring.

Listen to LAX "Forget You" [Real]
Watch LAX  "Forget You" [Quicktime]

January 23, 2007 in Audio & Video Stream | Permalink

Comments

Just thought I would tell you that there is no "H" in Cristina!! (I am her brother)Thanks and Keep Listening!
~Matthew

Posted by: Matthew at Jan 27, 2007 5:48:11 PM

G'day
i think 'LAX' is really cool. now i'm a fan of the Pussycat Dolls, the Sugababes and JoJo so this group is pretty sick. i cant wait for their next song.

Posted by: Jam at Jan 29, 2007 3:29:22 PM

I LOVE LAX. My favorite song in Forget You. me and my friends maddie freak out and start singing and dancing to it.And one time we opened her window and started Singing our hearts out the Window.

Posted by: Christine at Feb 1, 2007 8:21:37 PM

i love your song for get me.. its my favorite song ever.. ♥

Posted by: gina at Feb 2, 2007 5:36:48 PM

this is the best song EVER

Posted by: at Feb 10, 2007 3:16:56 PM

i love lax. everytime i here the song forget you it makes me feel really good inside. i just want to break out and bust a move. i want to just hit the replay button and listen to it all day. IT ROXX MY SOXX!

Posted by: Andi at Feb 17, 2007 1:43:43 PM

i love LAX the fricken rock!! i love there new sonf "Forget you" forget u if u hate them. I LOVE YALL!!

Posted by: Taylor at Mar 16, 2007 2:18:51 PM

Posted by: Taylor at Mar 16, 2007 2:18:53 PM

I heart dis song!!!!!!
it reminds me of all the guy dat blow me off, watev theyllmiss me when im famous!!!!lol

Posted by: Cheyanne at Mar 18, 2007 8:02:19 PM

I think they are totally lipsynching. It seems they all have the exact same voice. Lax is fake. Whoever is marketing them is trying to pull a fast one. They better be careful they don’t wanna pull a milli vanilli. IM NOT CONVINCED LAX GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. Until I see a live show, I don’t believe all 3 have the same voice

Posted by: jesse at Mar 27, 2007 10:54:53 PM

well girls i just wanna say i heard you guys sing before and you gugys have a pretty good voice but it sounds like you all sing alike but thats my opinion. well i still like your song forget you

Posted by: crista at Apr 6, 2007 12:51:31 PM