« UNCUT: The Ray-Ban Wayfarers Session | Main | Free Download: Groovecatcher "Oh Come Emmanuel" »

Win Limited-Edition Mika EP

Arjanwrites_mikaep

Arjanwrites.com is giving away three limited-edition copies of Mika's new EP that features the songs "Relax," [MP3] "Happy Ending" and his upcoming single "Grace Kelly."

Mika told me that "Grace Kelly" is the song that eventually got him signed to a major label. After record label executives first heard Mika's distinct pop sound, they refused to believe it could sell well. However, the success of bands like Scissor Sisters slowly changed their tune. In the meantime, Mika started to work in the Bee Gees' studio in Miami and recorded "Grace Kelly. "I wrote 'Grace Kelly' as a screw you song to those label people that wanted me to change who I was," Mika tells Arjanwrites.com. "But ironically, one year later, it was the song that got me signed!"

Enter a random drawing to win the very exclusive Mika EP after the jump. Contest will close on January 7, 2007.

Arjanwrites_mika2

Put your name in the bucket and have chance to win the Mika limited-edition EP in a random drawing.

City:

Country:

December 7, 2006 in CD Contest | Permalink

Comments

Crossing fingers!! Loving the music I've heard so far by Mika...

Posted by: Roger at Dec 7, 2006 5:52:52 AM

Love Mika. Dying to hear his album. Love Relax (Take It Easy) and absolutely adore Grace Kelly. Good stuff from a very promising artist

Posted by: Kenneth at Dec 7, 2006 12:39:50 PM

did you say distinct? As in distinct from the scissor sisters?

Posted by: bitch at Dec 7, 2006 8:52:22 PM

Did anyone else notice the resemblances to Cutting Crew's "(I just) Died in your arms tonight"?

Posted by: Sonisch Jong at Dec 11, 2006 5:53:49 AM

Hi Arjan,

I have been surfing your site for a while because it gives me access to music and bands that I would otherwise have missed.

I have recently discovered a CD by Bad Accent on CDbaby.com called Shadow of the Rose. I thought you might be interested in checking it out. There are some great songs on it like Hungarian Drag Queen or Being Bat Girl that I feel your audience might enjoy.

Karine

Posted by: Karine Poulin at Dec 16, 2006 9:52:59 AM

He's cool, sounds very much like the scissor sisters though. Yes, RELAX [TAKE IT EASY] sounds like the Cutting Crew's - I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight.

Posted by: Jon at Dec 29, 2006 11:03:34 AM

I hope I win a cd! I am obssessed with MIKA's music, I listened to his music instead of Christmas Carols (except on Christmas Eve and Day), I just can't get enough of his music!

Manny