« MTV Video Music Awards 2006: Pink Raw & Uncut | Main | MTV Video Music Awards 2006: Timbaland Runs the Show »

MTV Video Music Awards 2006: Jared Leto Bitch Fest

Arjanwrites_jared_leto

Some people just take themselves way too seriously. Jared Leto showed off his snarky side backstage at the VMAs when he met with the press after his group 30 Seconds To Mars won the MTV2 Award. It all started when Leto was asked about his alleged romance with Lindsay Lohan a while back. "Next question," he snapped. I then asked about his fashion and style as a segue to inquire about gay fans. He either misunderstood me or he must have been simply to lazy to answer the question seriously. "I was four or five when I first put up lipstick and ever since I have been trying to find my innerself and now I'm working on a boob job and I will go to Tijuana to finish the rest off," he said followed by the bitchy "next question." His bitch fest continued and even a reporter from the New York Post wrote about his behaviour in Saturday's Page Six Column. Read it here.

September 2, 2006 in VMA 2006 | Permalink

Comments

I met him one time, I asked him for a light. He was cool about it. But didn't say one word and neither did I.

Posted by: joy at Sep 2, 2006 5:36:55 PM

Maybe he gets tired of this kind of questions. Maybe Pink does too. Maybe Justin does too. Even Britney does.
You sing a song, get awarded for it and all that journalists care about is who gave you head the night before... That's pathetic.

Christina, Lindsay, Madonna and Paris are the only ones who think that music listeners give a shit about their sex life.

Posted by: playpause at Sep 3, 2006 4:08:41 AM

He's a jerk - famously so. There are firsthand accounts all over blogs about how he behaves when touring with his "band". Demands of club owners, etc.

Maybe his gout has made him even worse!?

Posted by: xolondon at Sep 3, 2006 5:02:00 AM

I'm seeing a lot of homogeneity in this VMA coverage. Was there no attempt to interview Kanye, Beyonce or Li'l Kim? Or does Arjan think these people are overexposed? With all the attention given to Timberlake, that couldn't be the case. If the emphasis is rock & Euro-pop, why not just come out with it?

Posted by: bubba at Sep 4, 2006 12:01:46 PM

Why asked question about Lindsay? It was 30 seconds to mars who got the award. It was nothing with Lindsay. He wears what he likes not for others.

Oh my God, the jouranlist are so stupid and unprofessional today?

Posted by: volte at Sep 5, 2006 2:58:01 AM

Im glad he was shot in Lord of War, he deserved it.

Posted by: kelvin at Sep 6, 2006 10:28:54 AM

pretty!!!
i love jared leto...!!!
forever!!!

Posted by: kathy at Sep 9, 2006 3:39:32 PM

Jared is an awesome guy. I've been to 4 of the 30 Seconds To Mars shows and they're great! I don't know why everyone gives him a hard time. I've met him, and his bandmates, and he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. And honestly..the whole thing had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with lindsay Lohan. She has a boyfriend who she is apparently in love with...so just stop with all the lindsay crap already. And i give him mad props for gaining all that weight. He gained 62+ lbs....give him a break people!

Posted by: Annee at Sep 9, 2006 9:58:52 PM

Ever heard of sarcasm?

Posted by: Laura at Sep 13, 2006 3:15:43 PM

i love jared leto and the rest of 30 seconds to mars they are all so hot and i would love to meet him he is so nice.

Posted by: racheal green at Sep 30, 2006 11:48:31 AM

I DNT KNOW Y PEOPLE KEEP ASKIN BOUT LINSAY, THEY NEVER ACTUALLY WENT OUT, THEY BOTH DENY IT!

Posted by: LISA at Aug 28, 2007 10:59:46 AM

JARED LETO ti amo!!!!!!!!!
nn sò cm farei senza di te........ti amo by:

tua Debby

Posted by: Debora at Nov 2, 2007 1:33:03 AM

duuude if ppl kept asking me stupid fucking questions like those i'd be bitchy too. maybe he doesnt want to talk about lindsay or his make-up. maybe questions about how the band is doing and his career would be more suitable.
not saying he had the right to be a jerk, but hes only human and we can all get a frustrated at times

Posted by: luvr at Jun 28, 2008 12:03:58 AM