« Free Download: The Hourly Radio "Deaf Ears" | Main | Interview with the Pussycat Dolls »

Exclusive Madonna New Single Details

Confessionsphoto3320

(Exclusive) A source very close to the new Madonna album has whispered to Arjan Writes that the track "Sorry" will be the second single to be taken from "Confessions On A Dancefloor."  This song is scheduled to be delivered to radio right before the December holiday season as soon as "Hung Up" will have lost some of its thunder (and we just got started). We'll be feeding you more exclusive Madonna details as soon as they emerge. Take a deep breath. This hype is not going to slow down any time soon.

October 19, 2005 in Rare & Exclusive | Permalink

Comments

i am so happy to be caught up in the hype for this album. i've loved Madonna since i was eight years old. i hope to be as energetic as she is at 47. and as interested in making people move.

Posted by: craig at Oct 19, 2005 9:22:29 PM

I have read that many times, so I guess it might be true. The question now is: who has the download for "Sorry"?

Posted by: Senhor Made In Brazil at Oct 19, 2005 9:26:27 PM

i got my hands on "hung up" the other day, and it is so good

Posted by: Ryan at Oct 20, 2005 7:32:48 AM

The more I listen to "Hung Up" the more I like it. Not so trendy like "Music" was. I was sick of that song after hearing it just 5 times. Would love to hear "Sorry" if anyone has it.

Posted by: ZenDude at Oct 20, 2005 6:10:30 PM

I'd be furious if I was Abba!

Posted by: Abba Fan at Oct 23, 2005 6:29:50 PM

Been a steady fan of "her" from 1983 and really loved her for being so out-of-it-and-above-all. But now I wonder if SHE still likes what she is doing (or for that matter: did she ever really "like" what she's been doing?). She has come to a point where she is not able to even pretend to enjoy her "art" or "work". So I ask myself what is the point in releasing any more stuff that gets more and more uninteresting? Contracts? Compulsion? Addiction? Can't be leaving the limelight and concentrating on your personal life and family the more fulfilling option for a woman "who's done it all"?
What better title to choose for her latest and most lame effort in music: HUNG UP... indeed Madonna, you are hung up ...at least on yourself.
Thank you for 20 years wholesome entertainment, though - it's been fun. Great fun.

Posted by: 20yearsRNuff at Oct 26, 2005 12:33:35 PM

I love Madonna - she s awesome - and in my opinion already a thankfully living legend.

And I like Stuart Price who produced with her together the new Album, so it will be great.
Except the second Album of her career I love ALL her Stuff.

Posted by: UweB at Oct 28, 2005 5:35:02 PM

I'd be furious if I was Abba!

JUST AN FYI , NO YOU WOULDN'T BE FURIOUS IF YOU WERE IN ABBA BECAUSE ABBA IS THE ONES THAT APPROVES OF ANY SAMPLING OF THEIR MUSIC, THEY APPROVED THIS SONG FOR MADONNA , HESITANTLY AT FIRST , BUT APPROVED NONETHELESS, BASICALLY CITING THAT "HUNG UP" WAS WORTHY OF THE SAMPLE USE.AND CONSIDERING ABBA IS GETTING ROYALTIES ON "HUNG UP " , I'D SAY THEY WERE DAMN SMART, CAUSE THIS ALBUM AND SINGLE ARE GOING TO FLY OFF THE SHELVES!

Posted by: KELLY CHAMBERS at Nov 1, 2005 4:49:24 PM

"Anyone older than 14 should be able to recognize that Madonna's new single has snippets of Abba's "Gimme Gimme Gimme" and also sounds suspiciously like "Boogie Woogie Dancing Shoes" in my opinion.

I'd be furious if I was Abba!"

Posted by: KELLY at Nov 1, 2005 4:51:23 PM

Yes, I realized after my posting that Abba would more than likely not have tolerated such blatant plagarism of their song without benefiting in some way. But they were correct in being hesitant. I still think an artist shouldn't ride on the coat-tails of others by re-vamping their classics rather than creating her own stuff. It won't, by any means, escalate her to their calibre, if "American Pie" is any example. I still hear Boogie Woogie Dancing Shoes in there too, by the way, the last few notes of the phrase in reverse.

Posted by: Abba Fan at Nov 13, 2005 3:39:24 PM

Furthur, I think that copy-cat "artists" know that the majority of young kids these days haven't even heard the original hit they are borrowing, so of course they will look fab in their eyes, as ABBA did in ours 20 years ago!

Posted by: Abba Fan at Nov 13, 2005 4:29:51 PM

where does the high riffs on the song come from? ive heard it from somewhere but i dont remeber.

Posted by: nace at Nov 16, 2005 8:34:20 PM

I think Sorry will be a GREAT choice for the next single. It's one of my fav. tracks on the album. I also HOPE she releases "Let It Will Be" and "How High" and then "I Love New York". Those in my oppinion are the BEST songs on the album :-D

Posted by: Ryan at Nov 21, 2005 12:59:31 AM

Whats the original of madonnas song sorry ?

Posted by: Aran at Feb 4, 2006 12:53:36 PM

Sorry samples the Jacksons' song of the 70's "Can you feel it" and I would recommend anyone to listen to the 7's extended club edit. It's fantastic. great for workout too.

Posted by: Todd at Feb 4, 2006 5:04:09 PM