« Voodoolicious | Main | World Leader Pretend »

The Killers Demo Track

While the Killers are getting sued, let's enjoy an early demo version of "Replaceable"  This track was probably intended as a B-side and never made the cut for "Hot Fuss." In an interview with MTV, singer Brandon Flowers shows off his pissy side by not only criticizing his band's new video but also the Bravery.

"Look at a band like the Bravery. They're signed because we're a band," Flowers said. "I've heard rumors about [members of] that band being in a different kind of band, and how do you defend that? If you say, 'My heart really belongs to what I'm doing now,' but you used to be in a ska band. I can see the Strokes play or Franz Ferdinand play and it's real, and I haven't gotten that from the Bravery. I think people will see through them."

Unnecessary low-blow, Brandon. (Demo track via the Killers Network, MTV link via Trent).

Arjanwrites_audio Listen to the Killers' "Replaceable" [MP3]

[Download Mirror]
[Download Mirror]

March 30, 2005 | Permalink

Comments

I still think this might be a coordinated publicity stunt. I find it very interesting that they share both a label and a PR agency, and the whole thing happened to break the day The Bravery's album was released here... It's just a little too coincidental for me.

Then again, I like Brandon bitchy. It gives him a badly needed edge.

Posted by: Hermia at Mar 30, 2005 10:02:23 AM

The Killers going after the Bravery for not being original is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Most of the Killers' synth lines are straight-lifted from Cure songs [listen to how "Mr. Brightside" closes, and listen to how "Just Like Heaven" closes.

And, anyway, if the Bravery owe a debt to anyone, it's far more The Faint than the Killers, if you ask me.

Posted by: pixie at Mar 30, 2005 11:59:32 AM

i like it when brandon gets bitchy. that plus the girly look and the eyeliner support the theory that he's just family, and i like family.

Posted by: Andy at Mar 30, 2005 5:50:04 PM

It's not so much that Flowers is having a dig at The Bravery, but it's just that i don't understand his point. Perhaps it's a testament to Sam Endicott that the most negative aspect Flowers can find in his music, is the fact that he's had varying and diverse taste. Is this really a bad thing. I find it difficult to believe that The Killers have only ever listened to the same styles - I hope not anyway. I mean, that would make them just like Oasis, which was, if i'm not mistaken, the plan!
P.S. It hurts me when The Cure are used as a direct comparison to some of the new wave bands - let's be real for a moment. The Cure OWN music!

Posted by: at Mar 31, 2005 3:55:44 AM

The eyeliner look was genius. Before that I had not even noticed him - he got that haircut and makeup and BOOM a start is born. The Spin cover and "Mr. Brightside" were a turning point. LOVE LOVE LOVE the ThinWhite Duke remix.

Posted by: xolondon at Mar 31, 2005 5:30:03 AM

check out the jacque lu cont Killers remixes, they're briliant.

Meanwhile, download JJ72's new song 'Heat'. Waited for a new track from them for so long. They're supporting Garbage in London in June, the day before they play OzzFest

Posted by: Una at Apr 2, 2005 5:17:38 AM

downloaded this on (boo-hiss) kazaa like three months ago - hearing it made me even hotter for brandon and if they do this at any of the 3 shows I plan to attend this spring, I might freak.

Posted by: kev at Apr 5, 2005 6:30:07 PM

http://membres.lycos.fr/lelogi/ Es un muy buen sitio, lo recomiendo

Posted by: Hernan Gonzales at Jan 1, 2006 6:45:08 PM

Me alegro de que las cosas no salieran peor. http://utenti.lycos.it/scarichexme/ Suerte.

Posted by: Ernesto Herzegovino at Jan 1, 2006 7:46:23 PM

tkjmo huzcgjr wjtpe yzcphexrt aogstlc fnwpdz smidheuj

Posted by: pyvmq jmbyu at Dec 15, 2008 5:07:59 AM