« Gwen Stefani in V Magazine | Main | The Go! Team Interview »

Butch Walker on Marriage

Arjanwritesbutchwalker
Butch Walker: Avril's Favorite Songwriter

Rolling Stone Magazine recently named Butch Walker a "Hot Producer" for all the successful production and songwriting work he has done for artists like Avril Lavigne, Simple Plan and American Hi-Fi.

He co-wrote Lavigne's recent hit "My Happy Ending," and he also wrote the lyrics and music for the Canadian singer's contribution to the upcoming SpongeBob SquarePants soundtrack.

What most people don't know is that Walker has his own artist career as well. This fall, he returns to the stage to play songs from his second album "Letters" when the rocker goes on tour with Avril Lavigne.

Butch Walker spoke in a recent interview with Arjan about equal rights for gays and the anti-gay constitutional amendment, which is on the ballot in his home state of Georgia on November 2nd:

"I'm probably the least homophobic heterosexual you'll ever meet. I live on a street with all gay couples and the people I hang with at the end of the night are couples that don't judge me for what I do so I don't judge them for what sexual preference they have.

I grew up in a redneck town with a lot of close-minded opinions. It really helped me to be this freak in high school with three color hair and crazy clothes, because I got out of there quicker and it made me gravitate towards a culture and people that embrace individuality.

It saddens me that there are so many people in this world that are against [gay marriage]. Especially, our president who obviously can go to hell. He loses my vote right there, just because he is so close-minded.

I’m gonna do everything I can to get my marriage license so I can marry my gay friends. I’m hoping Georgia will evolve culturally like some of the other states have."

October 12, 2004 in Artists on Gay Marriage | Permalink

Comments

Hi! I am a italian fan of American Hi-Fi, and Butch Walker is their manager. Is true that Butch is gay and will married with your boyfriend? When go out in Italy in the stores his album “Letters”? You can send me HIS PRIVATE E-MAIL ADDRESS? PLEASEEEEE? PLEASE???????’ I WOUILFD LIKE BECOME HIS FRIEND! HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
THANKS

Posted by: GERKAN at Dec 18, 2004 10:04:34 AM

He just said he was heterosexual in the article.

Posted by: Theresa at Mar 5, 2005 11:29:43 PM

^^^ that's some funny sh!t right there...

Posted by: anonymous at Apr 17, 2005 7:52:41 PM

butch walker...is so hawt and it makes him hotter that he has shaggy hair, plays the guitar and has an amazing voice...what i would give to meet him.:P

Posted by: at Jul 6, 2005 9:48:16 PM

gahh! i love him, he's so nice and awesome :)

Posted by: veronica at Aug 8, 2005 2:15:47 AM

omg. hes so hot.... i saw him at an avril concert and rite after i couldnt stop thinking about him. i have his cd letters and i listen to it a lot.

Posted by: kayla at Aug 9, 2005 11:52:30 PM

omg i went 2 one of his concerts recently and he is so hott!! i have both his cd's now, he has an amazing voice and his hair is even sexier when its longer :P so hot =) i love him

Posted by: from victoria at Aug 10, 2005 8:23:04 PM

is butch married? he wears a ring, and in concert he was talkin' to the crowd, and said "i'm an honest man".. just got me wonderin'

Posted by: vic at Aug 13, 2005 10:44:06 AM

hey hottie you know me. how are you doing.

Posted by: avril lavigne at Aug 15, 2005 10:39:15 AM

thats awesome that he wants to get a marriage licsence so he can marry his gay friends lol.. ahh i love him soo much, hes married i guess seeing as he has a wedding ring.. shux, in concert hes the hottest tho he told me he loved me at the show. i am inlove too! lol

Posted by: ashley at Aug 20, 2005 12:14:38 AM

omg i saw his show and met him and he is so nice and funny and sooooohot so ya thats all!!!love ya byebye<3

Posted by: jasmine at Aug 23, 2005 2:44:10 PM

hey i saw butch walker at the avril lavigne concert . I didnt know aout him until a week ago i could have got my pic taken with him omg i so wish i would of thats cool he thinks gay marriage should be aloud i agree because you should be able t marry who ever you want in life and i think gay guys are a lot nicer and there always hot so they wont go fater u lol

Posted by: christie at Aug 31, 2005 7:30:08 PM

Hey! He would be an awesome spoke person. If I was American and was old enough to vote I would vote for him. I think he is truly amazing. Plus he is really good-looking. Love ya Butch. (E-mail me?)

Posted by: Marvelous Bre at Sep 20, 2005 7:45:30 PM

Butch is happily married, he said "The ring never comes off." He is awesome, the best musician i've ever heard. Very nice and personable in meeting him. I wish I knew him in highschool, in my school I prefered hangin out with the people like he describes himself to have been.

Posted by: Ann at Oct 1, 2005 5:44:15 AM

I love Butch Walker. He is the most down to earth nice guy. He even gave me a kiss on the cheek at his concert.

Posted by: Alyssa at Oct 8, 2005 12:39:26 PM

rock on hehehehehehe

Posted by: ashley at Nov 8, 2005 2:57:06 PM

Butch is so open minded and so down to earth. yeah

Quote:
"Especially, our president who obviously can go to hell. He loses my vote right there, just because he is so close-minded"

Yeah Butch!!!!!

i love this guy i went to his concert and it was f**ckin wicked he's marreid but he told me that he loved me and song to me.. crazy times

Love ya butch! oh yea thanks for the email butch.

Posted by: Ashley at Jan 9, 2006 8:33:47 PM

bucth walker is the best moste down to erth person and im in love with him...my goodbess yes...i love him so much and if i cant have him then i reefews to date a guy that isent in evory way exaklee like him...I LOVE YA BUTCH! i cant wate to meet you!!!

Posted by: carly at Feb 15, 2006 7:39:54 PM

yeh butch is married, tho hot girls in a good mood is def an autobiographical song ;) hehe

Posted by: hot girl in a good mood at Aug 7, 2006 12:55:00 PM

Butch Walker is so amazing and hott and perfect. I have all of his cds and go to every one of his concerts that I can! I love him!

Posted by: Jessica at Aug 11, 2006 12:04:40 AM