« Free Download: Scissor Sisters "Lights" (Luomo Remix) | Main | Apollo Zero Mashes Up Madonna, Propaganda, The Who, Modern English, Jason Mraz and Yellow Magic Orchestra »

Interview with Blake Lewis

Arjanwrites_blake_itvu

"There are a lot of gay people that wish I'm gay, but they gonna keep dreaming for a long time," American Idol alum Blake Lewis tells me after I asked him about the doctored photo posted below.

"I'm very straight (. . .) Gender or sexual preference doesn't mean anything to me. If you like my music then we're going to have a good time together, I can talk your ear off about it or sing you a song."

Click here to read my entire interview with Blake Lewis for Bravo's OutZoneTV. You can stream his entire new album here. Make sure to check out the tracks "She Makin' Me Lose It" and "End Of The World" that sounds very, very much like a contemporary Erasure tune.

Lewis_chrisrich

December 7, 2007 in Interviews | Permalink

Comments

hm hot guys! Wanna lay in his arms 2! :)

Posted by: arjan at Dec 7, 2007 5:21:12 AM

I don't wish Blake was gay. I just wish his music didn't violate the Geneva Conventions against torture.

Posted by: Chatty Kathy with the Salt Water Taffy at Dec 7, 2007 12:56:35 PM

HAHAHA I like Chatty Kathy's comment even though I actually don't mind his music so much anymore. I had to listen to the album more than once this week though to get used to it. I also somehow caught him on Regis and Kelly today (what am I? 75?) I decided life would be great if I never saw him dance again. It made me cringe and tear up a little. But the tunes are kind of good?

Posted by: AJ Star at Dec 7, 2007 8:31:33 PM

I LOVE his album!!! It is definitely one of the best albums to come out in a long time, (that, and Kenna.) I don't know how anyone could not love this album. However, i am a bit disgusted with the answer he gave in response to Arjan's question regarding the photo. His answer was a bit defensive and also egotistical, but i still love Blake Lewis. He's very young, so i don't blame him for giving such an answer.

Posted by: Michael D. at Dec 7, 2007 10:09:59 PM

I picked up the CD this week, and I'm impressed. Being a kid of the 80s who loves hip-hop, rock, R&B, pop and dance music, this CD really has a great vibe. It's not perfect by a long shot, but it's his first attempt. Folks need to lay off just a little and give the boy a chance.

Posted by: John at Dec 8, 2007 12:49:12 PM

Uck. I do NOT wish he was gay. Nor do I want to hear anymore of his music. Justin Timberlake plays the role of Justin Timberlake much better than this guy...

Posted by: Tonic at Dec 11, 2007 6:19:06 PM