« Listen to Apollo Zero's George Michael-Robin Thicke Mash Up | Main | Video Premiere: Mika "Happy Ending" (+ MP3) »

Seal Collaborates with Stuart Price on New Album

Arjanwrites_seal2

Here's an interesting tidbit of information that might have slipped your radar.

After successfully working with master producer Trevor Horn for years, Seal's forthcoming new record was entirely produced by none other than Stuart Price. After Madonna milked Price's creative juices over the last few years, I didn't think he would have much left to share, but apparently he was inspired enough to take on this project with Seal.

Seal's new disc, titled "System," will about on November 13 and promises to take listeners back to the dance-oriented sound that marked the early stages of his career (think "Killer" and "Crazy"). After working very successfully with Trevor Horn, Seal decided it was time for a fresh new take on his music.

"It was quite evident from the first track that Stuart and I were on the same page," Seal tells Undercover. "I'd found someone who was able to elaborate on and execute my vision for this record. He loved the songs and I loved his production technique and we just took it from there. He's one of those rare people who plays instruments, understands music theory, and gets what a singer goes through when he is singing a song."

Seal confides that much of this new album was influenced by his personal life and marriage to Heidi Klum."I am finally in a content and happy place to the point where I feel like I need to sing about it. It's made me want to address things that are close to home. That's why the album is called 'System.' It's saying that against the odds, we have chosen to take control of our emotional system. Not being a victim of a system that's already in place."

I have not heard any clips from this record, but I'm eager to hear this Seal and Stuart Price collaboration. Seal's powerful, emotive vocals combined with Price's electro-pop savvy might make for something very interesting.

Track listing for "System" is a follows:

"Swoosh"
"Amazing"
"Just Like Before"
"Loaded"
"Wedding Day"
"System"
"Silence"
"The Right Life"
"Rolling"
"Immaculate"

September 17, 2007 | Permalink

Comments

Random and unexpected, but purely exciting. I'm sure it will be genius as both of them are extremely talented people.

Posted by: Salvatore at Sep 17, 2007 2:41:42 PM

Counting the days to hear Seal's new album - it was about time!

Posted by: CCampria at Sep 17, 2007 5:50:45 PM

wow kinda surprised to see those 2 names in the same sentence let alone work on a whole album together. always loved what Stuarts done and can't wait to hear what they can create.

Posted by: mik at Sep 18, 2007 12:39:56 AM

Oooh - now that is a comeback album I will queue up to buy...I love Seal but I think his sound could use a little re-invention. Thanks for the news Arjan!

Posted by: Electroqueer at Sep 18, 2007 1:44:14 AM

Bill Hamel has remixed the first single from the upcoming "System" cd. The track is called "Amazing". The remix should be up on Bill Hamel's Myspace page in 2 to 3 weeks!

"Ready to dance? Betcha' won't be able to sit in your seat;O)"

I am so looking forward to the music collaboration between Seal and Stu! The "System" cd will be a return to Seal's dance roots..."bring it on"! I have already preordered mine on Amazon.

Peace, Janet

Posted by: Janet at Sep 19, 2007 7:39:44 PM

I'm sorry but the Seal & Stu collab makes me CRINGE. Why'd you sell out Stu?! ;P

Posted by: GSD at Sep 25, 2007 3:38:26 PM

Amazing is a great Track and the Thin White Suke Mix is....amazing.

Very well done.

Posted by: UweB at Oct 6, 2007 12:03:07 AM

Seal just doesn't sound right without Trevor Horn!! Bad move!!

Posted by: Colin Jones at Oct 15, 2007 1:39:33 AM

Can not wait for this New Album..
Need more "car" Music..
Please!! Seal another Concert in VA next Spring....

Posted by: Heather Vig at Oct 17, 2007 7:47:15 PM

"Seal just doesn't sound right without Trevor Horn!! Bad move!!" ---- WRONG!!

I have had an advance copy of the record for a few weeks now and I am TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY!

A total pregression for both artists... STUNNING
production! Seal sounds MONUMENTAL!
This is all Confessions wish it could have been!

STUART PRICE AND SEAL REIGN SUPREME!

Watch out for "THE RIGHT LIFE", "SYSTEM" and "IF
IT'S IN MY MIND, IT'S ON MY FACE"...

SONIC BLISS!!!

FUCKKKKKKK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Posted by: James K at Nov 8, 2007 9:40:40 AM

"Seal just doesn't sound right without Trevor Horn!! Bad move!!" ---- WRONG!!

A total pregression for both artists... STUNNING
production! Seal sounds MONUMENTAL!
This is all Confessions wish it could have been!

STUART PRICE AND SEAL REIGN SUPREME!

Watch out for "THE RIGHT LIFE", "SYSTEM" and "IF
IT'S IN MY MIND, IT'S ON MY FACE"...

SONIC BLISS!!!

FUCKKKKKKK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Posted by: James K at Nov 8, 2007 9:42:07 AM

A good album but ...., something is missing here. I read a good review in http://www.sealrevisited.com. it's a kind of strange direction compare to all his previous albums.

Posted by: Chris at Dec 11, 2007 10:55:15 AM

What a shame, such a brillant career, to finish like a pale copy of Madonna, the man never realizes the great job of Trevor Horn, it's really sad, he's more in the tabloid than in the music now ...I'm really disappointed

Posted by: laura at Dec 11, 2007 11:10:48 AM

Get over yourselves! Stuart has and always will be more than Madonna .. do your homework

Posted by: at Jan 21, 2008 7:06:58 AM

Its true that Seal is a outspace singer, an incredible composer and musician. the new album is great but he is connected with trevor horn. Trevor is a monster, a genius producer and it make the big diference. the new Seal´s album is probably to young market and a marketing step to sales and that´s ok. Its a very good album, but not Special.

Posted by: Jose Gomes at Jan 26, 2008 2:10:55 AM