« Free Download: J*Davey "Land Of The Lost" Mixtape | Main | Free Download: Justin Timberlake "LoveStoned" (Kaskade Remix) »

Listen to New Madonna "Candy Shop"

Madonna_newnew

"My sugar is raw. Sticky and sweet."

Is this a leak? Is it real? I think it is. It is titled "Candy Shop," and I believe this is a new Pharrell-produced track.

First thoughts: I like the electro pulse that runs throughout the song, but the track lacks a melody. But hey, Madonna wanted to go a little hip-hop, so she opted for a beat and a groove and not a sing-along chorus. The lyrics are, once again, trivial and disappointing.

Brace yourself. The new Madonna album might not be all that impressive.

UPDATE: A dub version of the song has surfaced.

September 11, 2007 in Madonna | Permalink

Comments

This HAS to be 1) a leak of song that won't appear on the album and 2) another sign of the Madonna endtimes, as this is TERRIBLE! The sonics are dated, the lyrics worst than her silliest (Don't Stop or Hung Up,) and the vocals atrocious and lazy.

Surely someone in her camp has witnessed and reported the highly negative reaction from the online Madonna fan community....

Posted by: Ben at Sep 11, 2007 7:51:55 AM

what's the matter with this? it's light and fun. it sounds a bit unfinished, but i like my Madonna with some rough edges. it's full of hooks. maybe everyone burned out listening to Confessions On A Dancefloor. (i could do without the spoken bit at the end, though...)

Posted by: craigh at Sep 11, 2007 8:49:47 AM

This is what happens when you pander to American radio.

Posted by: ROB at Sep 11, 2007 8:52:12 AM

The problem comes her voice. It's too serious and raucous.

Posted by: Lapinou at Sep 11, 2007 9:08:03 AM

Both of these Pharrell leaks seem more like demos that are not destined for the album. Me thinks she's dumping these turds on purpose, since no tracklist has been confirmed for the record.

People are jumping the gun criticizing this album before it's even been released. Madonna always delivers the goods, and I have no doubt she will this time. I can't wait to hear the Timbaland tracks.

Posted by: solitaire at Sep 11, 2007 9:13:41 AM

here we go, the madonna bashing begins.....

1. It's quite radio friendly even in its unmixed form. this is the final unmixed version, not a demo.

2. Pandering? madonna has not cared for us radio for some time. or us radio has not cared for her, either way....US Radio has made its irrelevant and bland, so no matter.

3. Madge has millions of core fans, like all previous albums, it will open strong, fall out quick and sell continuously as she tours.

its sort of annoying how people STILL hate every time she comes out and she stomps ya'll right out. it's one of the reasons im such a long time fan. she doesn't have to pander, she does what she wants, makes it her own and it does well. All this talk about Madonna pandering or the usual US RADIO argument is ridiculous. She is, and you all knows this deep inside, ABOVE worrying about radio play.

Candy Shop has been getting amazing responses from audiences at clubs in NY this past weekend, and in all honesty, its not her best work, but all that matters is it is her.

As for Madonna caring about what wack folks in Madonna forums think...you all know that is not true, Hung Up did so poorly and she made it the first single, and it did very well worldwide, again, spare me the US chart argument, its boring and no one cares about US radio anymore, they are a bit of a joke at this point. twelve of the same songs over and over is not a format, its payola.

Hate is a four letter word.

Posted by: J at Sep 11, 2007 9:25:04 AM

I will say this again. The woman has been doing this for a long time. If she puts out a song or an album that has some sort of lyrical content or message or whatever, people bitch and say "where's the dance stuff, where's the fun Madonna" blah, blah, blah. Then she puts out fun, dance stuff and people bitch "it's silly, the lyrics are dumb" blah, blah, blah... I'm so over people's fickle bullshit. Like it or not, then move on.

Posted by: JR at Sep 11, 2007 9:32:30 AM

Oh and one last thing, when was the last time any of YOU put out a hit record?.... Didn't think so.

Posted by: JR at Sep 11, 2007 9:33:34 AM

Also, lets not forget Madonna is just as much a video-artist as she is a singer. In my opinion, her videos are always in complete synergy with her music so I'm quite curious to see what she'll release for a video.

Posted by: Jack Haemon at Sep 11, 2007 10:14:02 AM

It's cute how everyone jumps to her defense. There is no bigger Modanna fan than me. However, as much as she is an icon, she is a business. And I do believe the Timabland-Timberlake-Pharrell collaboration is an obvious attempt to win back the states. It's been reported many times that she wants a #1 single in the US again. It's a noble goal, really; she's poised to surpass Elvis and other record-holders if she can get there. I admire her for her goals, but I'm not as excited about this new music.

Posted by: ROB at Sep 11, 2007 10:14:22 AM

God, this is really boring, i don't get it, why she wants to sound like Justin Timberlake?
It wasn't enough with Bedtime Stories? This R&B and Hip Hop sound doesn't belong to Madonna, she's pure pop and electronic music.

Posted by: Rodrigo at Sep 11, 2007 10:38:42 AM

could someone send it to me please coz the link doesn't work anymore!!!
i leave my email :
olivier.serre@gmail.com

thanx a lot!

Posted by: olivier at Sep 11, 2007 12:43:40 PM

once again, VERY early demo. The song has went through various changes already... Not even sure if it makes the album...

Posted by: robster at Sep 11, 2007 1:13:14 PM

now it's copying-gwen era...no more copying madonna

Posted by: frisky at Sep 11, 2007 5:59:20 PM

Girl needs a nap or better a long vacation. Also, what's with collaborating with every producer of the moment when she can work with anyone? She's as desperate as Mick Jagger. Honey, you're pushing 50. Enough.

Posted by: blip at Sep 11, 2007 9:08:39 PM

The whole "candy/lollipop" theme had been done death recently, such as 50 Cent/L'il Kim's "Candy Shop," Dada feat. Sandy Rivera & Trix's "Lollipop," and Mika's "Lollipop". Which makes the lyrics here sound pretty unoriginal and copycat, like's she's dumbing it down for airplay on Clear Channel. Plus Pharrell's talking at the end of this has to go; when I listen to a Madonna track I want to hear Madonna's voice, not some rent-a-rapper. Pharrell should STFU and just be the producer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I MISS CONFESSIONS MADONNA.

Posted by: Chris at Sep 12, 2007 1:20:19 PM

The more I listen to it the more I love it! Either way, she can do whatever she wants!!! People think this isn't dancey??? Are you serious? It's like Madonna to do something new and different compared to what she has done before and still make it sound like a dance track! Cannot wait for the new album

Posted by: Jay at Sep 12, 2007 3:08:58 PM

like it or not Madonna does whatever she wants... you have to respect her for always trying something different and outside her range as an artist. I like the direction the new music...

Timbaland IS very mainstream and practically everywhere, but you cannot deny his ear for hot music. He isn't only a hip hop producer either he's worked with bjork and i recently read somewhere he's working with Celine Dion. Madonna is too much of a strong artist to sell out and totally change.

Posted by: Que at Sep 13, 2007 8:28:56 AM

I love Madonna, but she needs a facelift right NOW!!!

Posted by: ARGdude at Sep 14, 2007 7:52:33 AM

Wouldn't it be better for the critical people to wait and hear the new album? I have never seen so much jealousy as when it comes to Madonna. Nobody has, or ever will, be as amazing as she is. Why don't we wait to pass judgement AFTER the album is out? I'm sure it will be #1 all over the world.

Posted by: gus at Sep 14, 2007 10:14:58 AM

Madonna's desriny is to be an artist. She's very talented and is always on top of her game. Always full of surprises and has accomplished more then a lot. Not too many artist can go to the extreme she has. If not the best artist ever, one of the few that fall in that category.
As far as the person who said that she needs a facelift, the thing is she's very natural and confident with herself. Who the hell can have 2 kids and be almost 50 and have a body like that?!? I mean, it wouldn't hurt for her ti get a facelift, but she's beautiful and extremely talented.

Posted by: eddie from nj at Sep 14, 2007 2:45:37 PM

Oh and by the way, have you been to one of her concerts? Its not just a concert its a show, breath taking! A lot of artist put on a tour and 4 songs into the show, it get's boring.

Posted by: eddie from nj at Sep 14, 2007 3:00:46 PM

Unconditional Love for the Queen of Pop Mad♥nna
I like CandyShop

Posted by: UweB at Sep 16, 2007 5:39:55 AM

eddie, yes, I have been to her concerts, and they are great. And I agree with you, she's very talented. You wonder who at almost 50 can have a body like her... somebody that can afford a personal trainer, I guess :-)

Posted by: ARGdude at Sep 16, 2007 3:46:26 PM

All of u... Seriously QUIT HATING!!! Saw her in New York last week at Bergdorfs and she Looked FANTASTIC. She may have possibly had a face lift already. Hope u look as good as her next year as she does now at 50...

F OFF