« Stream Shit Robot "Wrong Galaxy" | Main | Stream The Presets "Down Down Down" (Digitalism Remix) »

Stream Pet Shop Boys "Fundamental"

Psb_fundamental_neon2_1

Head over to the Parlophone web site to launch a Pet Shop Boys player and stream short clips of the duo's much-anticipated new album "Fundamental." Listen to "I'm With Stupid," "Casanova In Hell," "Psychological," "The Sodom & Gomorrah Show," "I Made My Excuses And Left," "Minimal," "Numb," "God Willing," "Luna Park," "Twentieth Century," "Indefinite Leave To Remain" and "Integral." This is some amazing stuff. Power blogger Andy Towle had a chance to listen to the entire record and writes: "I think it's a gorgeous record and certainly one of the best I've heard from the Boys in a long time." Expect a U.S. release on Rhino Records this summer. Click here to pre-order the  U.K. version of the album on Amazon.com that is out May 22. (Thanks to Brock for the heads up!)

Stream Pet Shop Boys "Fundamental'

May 8, 2006 in Audio Streams | Permalink

Comments

hey arjan....thanx for the momentary streams of random tunes to start the days when the connection is loading properly.

Posted by: ricardo at May 9, 2006 7:17:27 AM

i can't believe they're still recording, to be honest! but they were always awesome.

Posted by: jess horrible at May 9, 2006 8:53:12 AM

Anyone go to http://www.bluebeamradio.com?

Its a website where musicians can upload their music for feedback and also upload their music for the chance to play with their band in a "battle of the bands" sort of event..

The music event will be held in Manhattan, New York this year and will feature 12 genres of music.. everything and anything!

Just musicians showing off their talent, getting rated online, and playing in a concert held by the site in December.

Visit the site http://www.bluebeamradio.com for more information.

Posted by: nathan at May 9, 2006 4:43:20 PM

New search engine for Rapidshare and Megaupload Full albums!!!

Posted by: josi at May 10, 2006 3:03:22 AM

another great album for the pet shop boys . I'm with stupid is so catchy !!!
anyway , great blog !!!
fe

Posted by: Fernando at May 10, 2006 5:42:42 PM

I have to disagree, it's one of their weakest releases to date.

Posted by: protogenes at May 11, 2006 12:08:18 PM

I also think it's pretty weak. It's better than their last 2 proper studio albums, but those were very low bars. I'm afraid they are not ever going to fully return to form.

Posted by: Eric at May 12, 2006 4:56:47 PM

Billboard.org says that the release date is now June 27th for North America. The 'Fundamentalism' package that includes the extra CD with tasty remixes will also be released.

If you are as impatient as I am: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=Pet+Shop+Boys+Fundamental&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&ebaytag1=ebayreg&srchdesc=n&maxRecordsReturned=300&maxRecordsPerPage=50&SortProperty=MetaEndSort

Posted by: Benji at May 19, 2006 1:18:38 PM

In Britspeak, this album is not brilliant, but definitely spot on. This sounds contemporary as Disco 3 and retro as Actually. Their best in ten years? Well I loved Bilingual and Release, with the help of third boy Johnny Marr, was very song, ballad driven. This time around, the greatest use of the newest technology is the third boy on a very sound driven album. The Sodom & Gomorrah show is this album's Go West, Saturday Night Forever, New York City boy. The lyrics on I Made My Excuses And Left is way too much information, but hey, they are just a band, right? I'm With Stupid, Casanova In Hell, and 20th Century all shine. Bottom line, there are only good to great PSB albums. We should count our lucky stars that the PSB feel the need to seek a newer nation and wish New Order weren't so darn under achieving. I'll give this album two bullets to the heart, one to the head, and one for good measure.

Posted by: Russell Scott at Jun 17, 2006 5:13:06 PM