« Interview with Andy Bell (Erasure) | Main | Interview Antony in HX »

Project Runway iMix

Arjanwrites_pwlogo
Arjanwrites_imixprojectunrw

BRAVO's Project Runway is by far one of the most enticing reality shows I've seen on television. Killer fashion, catty designers, a queeny Michael Kors and a whole lotta drama. What more can we possibly want? Fashion and music are two forms of art that are unmistakably linked. I put together an eclectic compilation of tunes that equals the spunk, attitude and occasional growl on the show. Click here to download the Project Runway iMix soundtrack on iTunes. A brief description of each of the tracks:

Seal "Killer" (Peter Rauhofer 2005 Mix)
Host Heidi Klum made reality television history with the phrase "You're either in or you're out."  The German model will be marrying singer Seal later this year. Peter Rauhofer's 2005 remix of "Killer" turns this Seal classic into a great runway stomper.

David Bowie "Fashion"
David Bowie is arguably rock music's greatest chameleon. In this classic, he sings about the fashion 'goon squad" that comes to the rescue. Sounds like Austin Scarlett to me.

Moby "Beautiful"
This is an ode to all the wonderful models on the show. Morgan especially. She created some delicious television. Morganza!

Brazilian Girls "Don't Stop"
A terrific anthem for both the winners and losers in this game.

Sarah Hudson "Girl On The Verge"
Pop star Sarah Hudson (cousin to actress Kate) was featured in the show on which Vanessa was voted off. I think this song is really about Wendy.

Fischerspooner "Just Let Go"
Spunky Jay (my favorite to win Project Runway) would be the ideal designer to work on Fischerspooner's upcoming "rock 'n roll army" fashion line.

The Bravey "An Honest Mistake"
Consider this song by indie outfit the Bravery Wendy's formal apology to the group. All her drama and maneuvering was just an honest mistake. Yeah, right.

LCD Sound System "Tribulations"
The LCD Sound System nicely captures the drama of the show on this track from their new album.

Deep Dish  "Flashdance"
The infectious guitar riff of Morel's John Allen and Anousheh's distinct vocals will go for miles on the runway.

The Postal Service "We Will Become Silhouettes"
This track is the musical equivalent to the outfits the contestants designed for the US Postal Service on episode 8.  It is an excellent tune to cool down with after the show and remember that most of the talented individuals will become reality television "silhouettes" after their 15 minutes are up.

Also download "Breath On Me" (The Project Runway Farewell Theme) that was composed by Harold Barefoot Sanders III.

Don't forget to check out Chris Piece who sings "Are You Beautiful" in the Project Runway/Banana Republic commercial.

February 18, 2005 in iMix | Permalink

Comments

i hate iTMS search function for iMixes!! as a test (instead of following the link you provided) i typed in "project runway", selected iMixes only and the damn thing didn't come up. i don't understand why it can't easily find an iMix using that search string!

Posted by: dr. theopolis at Feb 18, 2005 10:33:09 AM

nice imix,
i love how the "new soundtrack" is digital and so ez to share - i indeed already own more than half the songs, maybe thats why i'm so enthralled with PRunway. :-)

Posted by: groovcat at Feb 18, 2005 5:15:46 PM

Nice mix

(How do you link to your iMix?)

Posted by: Trunkguy at Feb 20, 2005 1:35:33 AM

Hoping someone can help me...
Looking for the main "tune" when the models are strutting down the runway...it's very percussive, and memorable...they use it on almost all of the runway scenes of the show.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by: Rei at Feb 20, 2005 7:37:25 PM

i would really like your help! the title music of the show and the music played for all three finalist shows? artists/ title /etc.. thanks -teddy from dallas

Posted by: teddy solis at Feb 23, 2005 8:20:45 PM

I would love to know the title of the songs played for the three finalists of project runway at the fashion week runway! PLEASE!!!

Pablo

Posted by: Pablo at Feb 23, 2005 9:21:49 PM

hey pablo when you find out the names of those songs please let me know what they are, thank you so much

Posted by: Anthony at Feb 23, 2005 9:58:13 PM

What are the names of the songs from the season finale during the runway shows? I like them all but I loved Kara Saun's selection and I need to know what it is called!

Posted by: Dieter at Feb 23, 2005 10:07:25 PM

Nice! I'll be sure to check em out.

Posted by: Ross at Feb 23, 2005 10:57:16 PM

I want to know the name of the song used in kara's runway collection on the finale.

Posted by: Graham at Feb 23, 2005 11:36:19 PM

i'm looking for the all three songs from the final runway show. can someone please help me!!!! thanX

Posted by: jill at Feb 24, 2005 1:32:53 AM

I'm also looking for the songs that Jay and Wendy used for their final collection! And the Runway theme

Posted by: Zoe at Feb 24, 2005 10:09:29 AM

Oh god. I really want to know those three songs played at the finale, too. Please PLEASE. Tell me the titles or artists. I liked all three songs a lot, and I want to download them.

Posted by: Cas at Feb 24, 2005 12:41:49 PM

Posted by: Cas at Feb 24, 2005 12:41:49 PM

what was that one song used in the finaly of "project runnway?" it was french, operatic/techo music, song by a lady, really beatiful. anyone know where i can find the artist and title of that song? it was used as the soundtrack to one of the designer's Fashin Week shows.

Posted by: April at Feb 24, 2005 12:47:49 PM

what are the runway songs from the finale already??

Posted by: at Feb 24, 2005 5:50:58 PM

I am sending post in regards to your message board inquiry about the
music provided for Kara Saun. My name is Jason "JFK" Fleming. I am an up and
coming record producer in Hollywood, California. I am very pleased with the
responses to the music on the message board. I have tried to make a post but
was not successful. The runway track as well as 2 others that did not air will
be avilable for download shortly. Anyone looking to download these tracks will
be able to do so via a website TBD. If anyone has any questions or comments
regarding Kara's music feel free to email me at (jfk@ervingwonder.com)

Posted by: JFK at Feb 24, 2005 5:56:32 PM

P.S. Contact is also available through (www.mewzicmonsterz.com).
Music Production Co-ordinated by: Jakeem (J Ali) Jones
(323)468-7771
j.ali@mewzicmonsterz.com

Posted by: JFK at Feb 24, 2005 5:59:48 PM

When Kara's song title comes out can someone please email me? tangerine_trees_0@hotmail.com

Posted by: liana at Feb 24, 2005 6:01:29 PM

Oh yes, me too! I'm dying to know what Kara's runway music was. I'd be so grateful to anyone who could e-mail me the title.

Posted by: a. at Feb 24, 2005 6:40:51 PM

wendy's runway music is so awesome..i can't get it out of my head..someone tell what it is..!!

Posted by: nessa at Feb 24, 2005 6:44:54 PM

Would also love to know the name and artist of the very haunting music for Wendy's show. Thank you.

Posted by: Barbara at Feb 24, 2005 6:48:05 PM

I would like Kara Saun's music too, I can't find it anywhere. Can you email me when you find out? All 3 were great!

Posted by: Megan at Feb 24, 2005 7:07:43 PM

Me too. Dying to find the music Kara Saun used for her Fashion Week runway show...could someone post it on this site so we can all go and buy the c.d. and support the artist?! Thanks.

Posted by: trev at Feb 24, 2005 7:37:04 PM

Wendy's music was done by an artist named Lisa Reagan.

Posted by: chae at Feb 24, 2005 7:39:27 PM