« New Music Friday | Main | Fischerspooner "Just Let Go" Mash-up »

Abercrombie & Fitch Music

Arjanwrites_abercrombie

After Starbucks and others, clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch is also venturing out into promoting and selling music. Associating themselves with hot indie tunes is a perfect way for companies to extend their brand and image beyond their core product. Check out some free MP3 downloads on the Abercrombie & Fitch web site. It features tunes by Lock & Key, Stereo Total, Amon Tobin, Enon and Clem Snide.

February 25, 2005 in MP3 | Permalink

Comments

A&F have been offering MP3 downloads for years. They always update the songs whenever their site gets revamped (i.e. when new clothes are released in the stores)

Posted by: trent at Feb 26, 2005 5:56:21 AM

i really like the crazy music they play in their stores and i just found out their offering the mp3 downloads but i've been looking for previous mp3's and music listings? got any resources for finding those?

Posted by: Austen at Mar 7, 2005 5:21:58 PM

Yeah - lately they've been slacking off on the MP3 rotating, but over the past 2 years or so, they've switched them every 2 weeks. i've gotten some great tunes and found some great bands through their site!!

Posted by: Jeremy at Mar 10, 2005 9:44:06 AM

I'm trying to find out who sings the remake of micheal boltons-how am i supposed to live. I heard it in Abercrombie. Does anyone know who sings it?

Posted by: Delia at Apr 29, 2005 6:37:38 PM

hey i was wondering if anyone had the set list for the abercrombie stores for april of 2005. thanks

Posted by: brittany at May 17, 2005 3:41:48 PM

I wanted the set list of tracks from May 2005 in Abercrombie & Fitch stores...or if I can buy a cd? Please let me know. Thanks.

Posted by: Katherine at Jun 22, 2005 6:09:35 PM

I was wondering if there was a music list to the Abercrombie & Fitch summer 2005 CD, if so where can I find it? Thanks for your time. - Kate

Posted by: Kate at Jun 30, 2005 12:23:39 PM

I work at abercrombie kids and really want the song list they used for May 2005. any suggestions on how to get it?!

Posted by: Sara at Jul 6, 2005 8:49:38 PM

hey i work at abercrombie kids and i was wondering if nayone knew how to get the song list for the july 2005 cd?

Posted by: danielle at Jul 16, 2005 9:01:37 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but the songs you can "download" on the webpage are not the same ones that are on the in-store playlist...email me and I can further explain if you REALLY want to know where you can find the songs from the in-store playlists...

Posted by: Daniel at Jul 17, 2005 12:30:41 PM

i love abercrombie so much and i am CRAZY about the music they play and i was wondering if yall can like start selling cd's in the store yall would make some really good money please start selling yalls songs thatnks daniel

Posted by: Daniel or DANNY at Jul 17, 2005 5:22:44 PM

The store comes out with a new cd for each month. It comes with a list of artists and names, so I'm sure if you asked one of the managers, they'd let you see it to copy down any song you want to look for. The actual cd plays on some special player so it can hold more songs. However, cd drives, at least on my mac, can't read it, so they probably won't start selling that version of the cd anytime soon.
Although, I agree they should. It'd bring them even more money... as if they needed it *rolls eyes*

Posted by: Bobbie June at Jul 22, 2005 2:22:14 PM

hey how do i get the summer music playlist?

Posted by: ej at Jul 29, 2005 6:02:50 PM

The only way you can get music from the store is to ask an employee or manager. They send up track listings along with each months new CD in case anyone asks.

They will never sell the CD's in store because they are 4 hour CD's and anyone that knows anything about CD's knows that you can't fit 4 hours onto a standard CD.

They play everything off special CD players like stated above and won't read in a regular CD player.

Alot of the music comes off of Billboards charts for Club and Dance music so I would suggest checking there as well.

Good Luck

Posted by: Cam at Jul 31, 2005 1:51:35 AM

Hey, if anyone got the names or artists for some of A & F's summer songs, it would be awesome if you would send me the info. Thanks!

Posted by: Gina at Jul 31, 2005 5:57:50 PM

uhh...they're not 4 hour set lists. if they were, i wouldn't hear the same damn songs over and over again during my 6 hour shift. the current cd is about an hour and a half long, if that.

Posted by: Katie at Jul 31, 2005 10:09:43 PM

Yes, youre right, the new CD is not 4 hours long, however, most of the CD's are. This one is shorter because there is a lack of new dance music that has been released in the past month or so.

I have a bunch of the songs from a few of the past CD's, so ill list some of them.

Arficanism Allstars - Summer Moon
Ian Vam Dahl - Inspiration
Shapeshifters - Back To Basics
Reina - Forgive
Riot Act - California Soul
Dave Armstrong - Out Of Touch
Iio - Rapture
Flash Brothers - Amen
Intenso Project - Get It On
Max Graham - Owner Of a Lonely Heart
Kelly Osborne - One Word (Chris Cox Remix)
Junior Jack - Stupiddisco
Robbie Williams - Radio Remix
Stonebridge - Put Em' High
Stonebridge - Take Me Away
Seal - Killer 2005
Angel - How Could I Lie
Sun - Without Love

That takes it back to about Christmas time.

If you want more, search the the Ministry Of Sound 2005 in Google or something, and almost all of the songs from that CD set have played at Abercrombie at one point or another....

Good Luck.

Posted by: Cam at Aug 3, 2005 1:59:37 AM

Umm yah I work at abercrombie kids and the CD is definately only about 2 hours or so. I can remember a few of the popular ones but not all of them...
Rhianna- Pon de Replay
Cake- Guitar Man
Natasha Beddingfield- These Words remix
If anyone remembers the lyrics or knows the songs that might be helpful. Or I guess I could just ask a manager lol.

Posted by: Amber at Aug 3, 2005 5:58:32 PM

Yeah I really like the music at Abercrombie. They have a house/techno remix of "Love Song" sung by a girl.....any one know what the title/artist. I asked some of the employees but they didn't know.

Posted by: Christian at Aug 6, 2005 5:04:54 PM

Hey, I was in A&F the other day, and man I loved this one song so much I did a one handed stall. The problem is that I can't figure out what the name of it is. It was played only about two weeks ago and I remember these words in the song they sounded something like "so far away." I don't know if that is what it said but it was this cool techno that seemed all like modernized and crap. I don't know all I know is that I want to know the name of the song. Any help here?

Posted by: Nomad_Worship at Aug 8, 2005 3:00:22 PM

The cd's we get are compressed cds and that's why they require a specific cd player to be played in and won't play in your usual cd players. The cds aren't 4 hours long but the playlists are divided into what they call 4 hours. Each hour is about 10 to 15 songs long.

You can listen to abercrombie type music (and even a lot of what is played in the stores) at www.dmxmusic.com since the abercrombie orders a cd that plays music from the dance section of this site. Actually, that's the company we get our music from. The site will also tell you the names of songs so that you can buy or download it on your own.

Hope that helps everyone.

Posted by: Abby at Aug 8, 2005 8:41:48 PM

hey does anyone have the list of the current cd at abercrombie kids?

Posted by: Jane at Aug 8, 2005 9:04:59 PM

Posted by: johnny at Aug 9, 2005 5:36:14 AM

I'm trying to find Janette Rosales: "I'm never gonna leave you." I asked the people in the store for the name of it, and now that I have it, I cant find it anywhere to download. Does anyone know where i might be able to find it?

Posted by: Donna at Aug 10, 2005 3:40:16 PM

"i just started at A&F and there's this really good song that plays. it goes sorta like, "i'll never let you down....let you down..." followed by a chorus of na na na na. i think this is from the july cd because my co workers said that it played for a month and that they are sick of it. can someone help me out?"

The song is "I Won't Let You Down" by Angel City Feat. Lara Mcallen